On 7th December, LOCOMOTION participated in the Climate Neutrality Policy and Knowledge Sharing Event organized by CINEA, which also featured the participation of LOCOMOTION’s sister projects: Paris Reinforce, Engage and Navigate.
Under the title “Forthcoming contributions of the WILIAM model to assess transition policies”, our colleague Iñigo Capellán (UVa) presented the latest results of the LOCOMOTION project. The results of the model will help to build a Green recovery and just energy transition. At the end, WILIAM expect to answer questions such us:
- How can we reach 100% renewables in different countries?
- What are the main policies to achieve sustainable energy systems?
- How the energy transition will affect the economic structure of different countries?
- How the energy transition will affect different people in society (income, labour, consumption, well-being, etc.)?
- What are the monetary, energy and materials investments/requirements to achieve the transition to zero carbon economies?
- How can the monetary investments can be financed?
- Which adaptation options to climate change impacts would be more relevant in the future?
- What are the potential limits to growth that biophysical constraints may impose on economic production?
More consolidated results of WILIAM model will be expected for next June 2022.
You can download Iñigo’s presentation in the following button